Thursday, November 3, 2016

http://socialworkpodcast.blogspot.com/2015/11/Bodenheimer.html

  My item of interest is a podcast on how to be a clinical social worker, what makes a social worker a bad social worker, how to utilize supervision, how to better serve your clients, dealing with transference, counter transference, narcissism, and the observing ego. This is a podcast we listened to at my placement during group supervision. I believe that this will be helpful for us as school social workers because in a school when you are dealing with teenagers it is easy to feel this need to establish rapport and bond with your students but I think it’s important that we learn how to do that in a way that doesn’t include over sharing and yet still feels human. I appreciated how this podcast spoke to what makes someone a bad social worker as we are all in our final placement and preparing to enter the social work field as new professionals I think that it is easy to feel hyper aware of your performance. This podcast discusses how we should be forgiving and maximize supervision now. I also thought this podcast might be helpful because the clinical social worker Danna Bodenheimer said in order to be a good social worker we must decide for ourselves what health and wholeness looks like and work from there; that was significant for me as I tend to feel pressure for the way that I do social work to look like my supervisor’s or professor’s way of providing services. This podcast relates to the school social work model because it reminds us to evaluate the services being provided to our students, enhance the professional capacity of school personnel, and practice professional consultation all while keeping in mind ethical guidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment