Friday, September 20, 2019

Social Emotional Learning books (Pre-K- 5th grade) and questions


My first item of interest is a list of books for friendship skills, bullying anger management, acceptance, adversity, divorce, changing families, feelings, and emotions. This list of books is a useful tool for implementing a social-emotional learning (SEL) lesson. Each of these books illustrates powerful messages and are separated by theme and grade levels.

I decided to share this book list because it helps with effectively applying the knowledge, discussion, and skills necessary to understand and manage emotions by using the narrative approach. By using this technique, it will motivate the children to learn, use their critical thinking skills; ability to connect and reflect from the book. It may also help students express kindness, empathy, and cope with challenges that they are currently experiencing or have in the past.

In the context of my internship at District 104, my supervisor and I plan to use this list of books as guidance when planning our SEL lessons. This serves as a great tool because we can share with teachers and parents to help them talk about specific topics. This list of books is appropriate for grades Pre-K - 5th grade.


I have attached the documents of the list of books and questions to ask to promote social-emotional learning. I hope this is helpful to you! Here is the link from where I got the list of books: https://pin.it/jwvwckyxxedljz




No comments:

Post a Comment