Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Item of Interest - I Love Me

Items of Interests - Art Therapy
Summary
The item of interest that I chose is an artistic therapeutic technique. It is called “I Love Me.” The purpose of this activity is for students to better their self-esteem and show them that there’s different things that represent who they are as a whole; this activity can help them love their uniqueness. This activity requires students to write down what makes them, them. They write this on the leaf and paste it to the tree (the tree trunk represents themselves). The picture below is an example however, it can be adjusted using any image of a tree and leaves. It could be as simple as the students cutting out their own tree’s and leaves.
I believe that this is a great idea to use for students who are in 4th grade all the way to high school students. This is a great activity for student who have low self-esteem or who have feelings of anxiety. It can help show them that they are beautiful in their own unique way. This activity is fun and relaxing; who doesn’t love art?! This activity fits into the School Social Work Model because it is evidence based; art therapy has been shown to reduce feelings of anxiety and has also shown to be a form of relaxation. I have used this activity at my previous internship and the students loved it. I can’t wait to use this in one of my sessions this year.

Activity


 





No comments:

Post a Comment