Sunday, November 26, 2017

Sequin Pillow


This pillow has sequins that can change color based on the direction you rub on the pillow.  This one has black and gold.  They come in many color combinations and shapes.

This can be useful for students who are anxious or are fidgeting.  I learned of this when I was at an IEP meeting for my son.  He was rocking back and forth while trying to talk to us, so his special education teacher gave him a sequin pillow like this.  He spend the rest of the meeting sitting still and rubbing the pillow back and forth.  He was able to talk without distraction for the rest of the meeting.

I feel this could be a useful tool to have in our offices for kids with anxiety or sensory needs.  I see this useful for a student who is upset and needs something to help them calm down.

This was purchased at the store 5 Below for $5.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment